Minimum Wage for Foreign Workers in Turkey in 2019
First of all, we recommend you read the first article we wrote about what you need to know before working in Turkey to find out more about this topic. But for employers in Turkey who wish to employ foreign employee (work permits for foreign national personnel in Turkey), the amount of pay they have to pay varies according to staff duties, and this is the subject we will discuss in this article.
Minimum wage of foreigners in 2019
Considering the amount of basic salaries after the date of application, the wages of foreign nationals will be according to the following:
- Minimum wage for housekeeping: 2.558,40 Turkish Lira
- Minimum Wage Tourism Animator and Massager: 2.558,40 Turkish Lira
- Minimum wage for being active as salesman, marketer, or export agent (at least 1.5 time the minimum wage), that will be equal to: 2.558,40 x 1.5 = 3.837,60 Lira
- Those in jobs that require expertise such as teachers and doctors (4 times the basic salary) will equal to: 2.558,40 x 3 = 7.675,20 Lira
- Minimum wage for Basic Managers, Administrative Engineers and Architects (4 times the basic salary) will equal to: 2.558,40 x 4 = 10.233,60 Lira
- Minimum wage for senior executives, pilots and civil engineers and architects who have applied that have applied for initial permit (6.5 times the minimum wage), shall be equal to: 2.558,40 x 6.5 = 16.629,60 Lira
Insurance benefits for foreigners in 2019
The wage set for foreign nationals who work in domestic services or are under temporary / international protection is equal to the minimum basic wage. For other foreigners, the minimum wage is 1.5 times the basic salary; the table below shows the insurances determined by the Ministry of Labor.
|The amount of wages||Insurance|
|Minimum of basic wage: 2.558,40 Turkish Lira||959,25 Turkish Lira|
|1.5 times the minimum of basic wage: 3837,60 Turkish Lira||1438,87 Turkish Lira|
|3 times the minimum of basic wage: 7.675,20 Turkish Lira||2877,75 Turkish Lira|
|4 times the minimum of basic wage: 10.233,60 Turkish Lira||3837,00 Turkish Lira|
|6.5 times the minimum of basic wage: 16629,60 Turkish Lira||6235,12 Turkish Lira|
Note: above numbers are calculated based on gross minimum wage.
Personnel working in the home service sector usually want their salaries in dollars, in this case the employer has the right to refuse this request; if we were to give a small example, $ 500 was equivalent to $ 1,250 last year, whereas today the figure has reached 2,650 liras. Since providing food, housing and insurance costs is by the employer, the law of how to pay is preserved for the employer.
Prior to Applying for a Foreign Workers License (Also read: Conditions of obtaining a work permit for foreign partners in companies in Turkey) depending on the title of the work to be done, you must determine the salary according to the amount set by the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs; referrals made after the registering the salaries was wrong, in renewing the application the penalty should be paid on a monthly basis to the extent of basic salaries. (csgb.gov.tr)
Foreign personnel salaries must be paid according to the standards approved by the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare. Foreigners’ insurances must also be paid based on the above figures, otherwise the renewal application will not be approved when the work permit renewal time comes. All losses incurred as a result of incomplete insurance will be directed at the employer, even if you waive the permit for foreign nationals you need to pay the penalty.